Baltijos Informacinės Sistemos, UAB
BIS is a modern, dynamic and fast-developing Industrial Solutions and Information Technology company based in Europe, Lithuania. Currently, we are working in Europe, Asia and North America. Since our establishment in 2000, we gained a lot of experience in IT, automation, electrical engineering, nuclear safety and international project management, which enabled us to provide high-quality services in line with our clients’ high expectations. Today BIS has a team of more than 40 dedicated and highly qualified experts to help the company achieve set objectives.
Design of Control Room Panels (CRP) at Leningrad Nuclear Power Plant by BIS
Our mission is to provide high quality IT, automation and electrical engineering solutions that ensure business stability and safety of our clients.
From the very start, we have concentrated our effort on the implementation of complex and integrated IT solutions. The biggest part of the systems developed by our company is related to the safety, monitoring and control of technological processes. These systems were developed and supplied in the frame of international projects. Currently, we offer the following range of products and services to our clients within and outside Lithuania:
- Industrial Automation
- Process monitoring and control
- Business management systems
- Software development services
Long term and in-depth experience with complex automation, monitoring and management systems allowed us to in-house develop reliable and field-tested BISMARC software to power our designs with consistently great results.
You will find more details on our services and BISMARC software on our Solutions page.
During the 20 years of our operations, we have implemented a wide range of large-scale complex projects. These are only some of them:
- Design, development and commissioning of nuclear material accountancy and control system at Kursk and Kalinin NPPs.
- Development and supply of Computerized Information System and Safety Parameter Display System (SPDS) for Units 1 and 2 of Balakovo NPP.
- Development and supply of the Leakage Monitoring System in sealed rooms for Ignalina NPP, Unit 2.
- Development and supply of the Leakage Monitoring System for Balakovo NPP, Unit 1.
- Design, development and commissioning of Automatic Radiation Safety Monitoring System, Ignalina NPP.
- Design, development and commissioning of process control system for the new Radwaste Treatment Facility at Smolensk NPP Lot 3.
- Construction of Interim Spent Fuel Storage Facility (B1) of Ignalina NPP: Building Management System (BMS).
- Design, development and commissioning of the Remote Shutdown Panel and Post Accident Monitoring System for Armenian NPP, Unit 2.
- Building management system (BMS) for „Landfill“ facility for short-lived very low level waste Ignalina NPP (B19).
Follow the link for more information on the projects we have completed.
For more than 18 years we have been expanding our business outside Lithuania. We provide our services to industrial enterprises in the EU, USA and Russian Federation. We gained invaluable experience in management and cooperation with international and multinational personnel. Since 2003 we have been involved in projects financed by the European Commission. We are well-known to the companies that undertake important safety-related projects at nuclear power plants. We actively participate in the TACIS Nuclear Safety Programme financed by the EU.
Quality and information security
In 2005 to ensure the provision of quality services we implemented and certified our quality management system that conforms to the requirements of ISO 9001 international standard. In 2011 we implemented and certified Information security management system that conforms to the requirements of ISO 27001 international standard. In 2016 we implemented and certified environmental management system ISO 14001 and Occupational health and safety management system ISO 45001.